Updated April 1st, 2023
The personal data communicated on any of the TROPICS MEDIA GROUP and TROPICS BUSINESS EVENTS websites (hereinafter the "Site") is collected and processed by the organizers (namely the companies TROPICS MEDIA GROUP Ltd - South Africa) hereinafter "TROPICS", in compliance with the provisions of Data Protection Act.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA BY Tropics Group
During the registration process
In the context of your registration on our site, we will process your data:
To manage the online sale of tickets for TROPICS events
- Generation of tickets
- Dunning for abandoned baskets
Manage the organization of the events you have registered for
- Access to the event
- Invitation management by our partners
The data, which you have communicated to us, allowing us to contact you, will be kept for five years following your registration to an event.
The data, which you have communicated to us, necessary for the payment of your pass are kept in accordance with legal obligations.
When using the mobile application
When using the mobile application we will process your data to :
- Allow you to connect to the mobile application and also :
- Suggest profiles of people attending the event, in line with the interests you have indicated
- To allow you to exchange your contact information, subject to your agreement, with people and partners present at the event (via the scan of your badge in particular). The shared data will be the following:
- First name, last name, email, company, function, pass category, sector of activity, civility, country, interests.
- Allow you to activate the "Networking" function in order to share your contact information with all other participants who have also activated this feature
- Access content during the event (conference, videos)
The data from the application is kept for 1 year after the end of the event
When using the website
In the course of browsing our website we may process your data:
- To measure the audience on the website
- To allow sharing on social networks, with your agreement
- Retargeting our campaigns on other sites, with your consent
- Measuring the performance of campaigns on social and mobile networks, with your agreement
This data collection is carried out by means of cookies placed on your browser.
The list of cookies that can be deposited on our site www.tropicssummit.com are the following:
- Google Analytics, Type : Site Centric follow-up, Purpose: Traffic analysis of the Tropics Summit website and app
- Linkedin, Type : Publisher follow-up, Purposes: Tracking of visits related to social campaigns
- Facebook, Type : Publisher follow-up, Purposes: Tracking of visits related to social campaigns
- Twitter, Type : Publisher follow-up, Purposes: Tracking of visits related to social campaigns
- Ogury, Type : Publisher follow-up, Purposes: Tracking of visits and performance related to mobile campaigns
The day of the event
On the day of the event we will collect data related to:
- the use of Wifi during the event
- your passage during the access to the event
The connection data generated during the use of Wifi during the event are also kept in accordance with legal obligations
Within the framework of our communication actions
We may also use your information for our communication activities. In this respect, we may use your data :
- To invite you to register for any new event organized by us
- To invite you to register for any new events organized by our partners, including the exhibiting partners present at Viva Technology if you have registered for the event.
- To send you any documentation (newsletter, ...) that you may request
- To communicate to you any useful information within the framework of the organization of the events
These communication actions will be carried out either by email or via the social network Facebook
The data, which you have communicated to us, allowing us to contact you, will be kept for 3 years following your subscription to the newsletter or requests for information. The data, which you have communicated to us, allowing us to contact you, will be kept for five years following your registration to an event.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As part of the organization of the Event, TROPICS may share the Personal Data you provide, as necessary, with its partners and subcontractors and for the sole purpose of this organization and the purposes described in the previous paragraph.
For professionals, unless you object, your data will be transmitted to our partners in order to allow them to contact you after the event and only for communications related to the event.
For the other visitors, your data will be transmitted, with your agreement, to our partners in order to allow them to contact you after the event and only within the framework of communications related to the event.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ABROAD
TROPICS may transfer your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area and undertake in this case, in accordance with the legislation in force, to take all the organizational and technical measures to ensure an adequate level of protection of your data.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, you have the following rights regarding the data you have entrusted to us: - Right to withdraw consent - Right to rectification - Right to erasure - Limitation of processing - Right to portability In addition, you may send TROPICS specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death. You can exercise these rights by contacting TROPICS at : Tropics Media Group Ltd. - 29 Jacaranda Office Park, Sunninghill, Johannesburg - South Africa, Email : email@example.com You have the right to file a complaint with the competent administrative authority.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
Some of the links on the Site will take you to an external site. The sites linked to the TROPICS Site are not under the control of TROPICS MEDIA GROUP and TROPICS BUSINESS EVENTS are not responsible for the content of any linked site. TROPICS reserves the right to remove any link to an outside site from its Site at any time and for any reason it deems appropriate.